Entries for the County Kildare Indoor Championships in Athlone on January 24th are closing this week. Please let your childs coach know tonight if your child wants to take part or you can text me on 083-3265877.
Please remember that your child has moved up an age group from December e.g. if your child was born in 2002, they are now u14.
Athlone – Saturday 24th (11am)
Schedule of events
U12 60m, 600m, 1000m walk, Long Jump, Shot putt.
U13 60m, 600m, 1000m walk, High Jump 4 x 100m
U14 60m, 800m, 1000m walk, Long Jump Shot putt
U15 60m, 800m 1000m walk, High Jump 4 x 200m
U16 60m,200m, 800m, 1000m walk, Long Jump, Shot putt
U17 60m 200m 800m 1000m walk Long Jump High Jump Shot putt 4 x 200m
1. If no competition exists for a particular age then athletes can move up 1 age group (for example u13s may compete in the u14 shot putt etc). This does not include U16 200m for which only U16 athletes are eligible. This also does not include U11 athletes who are not eligible for entry.
2. 2015 Age categories apply.
3. Long jump entries are restricted to a maximum of 3 athletes per club in each age competition.
4. U16 and U17 long jump will be separate competitions but their jumps will be done together.
5. U16 and U17 shot putt will be separate competitions but their putts will be done together.
6. All age group walk events will start together.
7. An athlete may only enter a total of 2 events (plus 1 relay).